Certification as an AIDA 3 Star Freediver is dependent on reaching the target performances required by AIDA.
As a certified AIDA 3 Star Freediver you will be able to demonstrate the following standards:
- 2:45+ min static breath hold
- 55+ m horizontal diving with fins
- 24-30 m depth in the open water
- Deeper saftey diving for your buddy
To enroll in the AIDA 3 Star Freediver course, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old (16 years with parental or guardian’s consent)
- Have successfully completed the AIDA 2 Star Freediver course
All our AIDA courses run on demand - let us know when you are interested in learning and we will do our best to accomodate you.
This course is aimed at competitive freedivers who already hold a freedive qualification such as AIDA 2 Star, PADI Advanced Freediver or SSI Level One.
Running over two weekends at the National Diving and Activity Centre (NDAC) in Chepstow, the course will help you extend your depth in Constant Weight and Free Immersion, develop efficient and effective ways to train to improve your Static and Dynamic Apnea performance, provide you with additional training in safety and buddy skills and enhance your knowledge of physiology and equipment to prepare you for deeper diving.
The AIDA 3 Star Freediver course includes time in the classroom, two sessions in the pool and four sessions in the lake. Skills and knowledge that are included are:
- Classroom advanced freedive physiology, training regimes, history of the sport, performance boosting techniques.
- Pool effective training to improve Static and Dynamic Apnea, advanced rescue techniques and pool safety diving.
- Deep water advanced equalisation for deeper, more comfortable dives; bouyancy and freefall; safety diving skills; rescue and self rescue.
AIDA 3 Star is a challenging, fun course that will put you through your paces in a relaxed, encouraging environment. You will leave with a much greater understanding of how to grow your personal bests and more confidence in your ability to deal with a variety of freedive situations.
This course runs on demand, when we have at least 3 people signed up.